Ken Harrop

Kenneth (Ken) graduated from the School of Forestry in 1947 and was later awarded the Diploma of Forestry Victoria.

 Ken's thesis for the Dip.For.Vic. was titled: Some aspects of re-establishment of P. radiata (D.Don) after clearfelling unthinned stands in Ovens Plantation

On graduation from the VSF, Ken's first appointment was to the Assessment team then, in 1949, to the Stawell Forest District and in 1953 to Neerim South. He was promoted to District Forest Officer for the Briagalong District in 1954 then to Cann River in 1957, Mansfield in 1961 and Myrtleford in 1964. Ken was promoted to Assistant Divisional Forester for the South-west Division (Ballarat) in 1970 and to Divisional Forester for the Central Division (Healesville) in 1974. Following departmental amalgamation in 1983 he was on the Ministerial committee overseeing the reorganisation of the Forests Commission into the Department of Conservation, Forests and Lands and, in 1984, he became Regional Manager for CFL in Alexandra. He retired in 1986. Ken was awarded the Australian Fire Service Medal in 1993.